Saturday, January 4, 2014

Horrors and bloodcrushers oh my

Welcome back to SB40k!  There hasn't been a lot going on here at SB40k and I'll get into that in a bit, but for now I'll go into what I've been doing and supply some pictures of what I'm working on now.

What I love about my Daemon army is there are a lot of options available to me in regards to modeling potential, especially since I'm not actually painting official models for the most part and am building my army from scratch.  However, this isn't to say there aren't bits from the official range which don't fit in perfectly.  Case in point, the Bloodcrusher model (sans bloodletter).




My Khorne portion of the army is represented by killer robots.  Flesh Hounds you can see here flanking the bloodcrusher.  To represent that he's 'leading' the unit, I decided to make his paint scheme match the Flesh Hounds of the unit.  He's obviously not finished yet, but it shouldn't bee to much longer before I have him painted up and ready.

Additionally, I've been snazzing up my Pink Horrors, the brains with tentacles portion of my army.  Unfortunately, I don't think it will translate well into images just yet as I've mostly made them glossy and covered in the 'blood' which is surrounding the models.  I'm pleased with the results and hope to have good pictures to share at the next update.

I contemplated a 'what the heck GW' game rant, but does anyone really want to read that?  No, of course not.  So instead I'll leave you with something which gives me hope- Over on Whiskey & 40k, Mike Brandt's fantastic blog, he's been working hard to find a way to build missions which help to bring into line the unbalanced armies without stooping to banning or changing how armies are built or work.  I think this is a great solution to the current problems and have a lot of hope to having fantastic missions which can be great fun for everyone, not just the guy with a 2++ Screamerstar list or a monster Taudar list.

Seriously, give Mike and the other tourney players some love and let them know what you think of the ideas.  It's our game, our community, and if GW doesn't want to fix it and create balance in their game , it's really up to us.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I've put too much time, money, and effort into my armies to allow bad rules writing to ruin my fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment