Thursday, May 23, 2013

Scratch built Land Raider WIP- hatches and weapon turrets progress

Hello all, welcome back to SB40k.  I normally don't update midweek, but I made a ton of progress and wanted to share it with all of you.

As many of you already know, I've been working hard on the two Land Raiders for my CSM army which is in progress of being built.  Last week I had the frame mostly finished and had progressed to the point of needing all the nice little additions which make the vehicle stand out.





Previously when I built vehicles I used premade materials, hatches and weapons, to help add those extra touches.  After someone had given me a hard time for doing so, I decided my next project would be 100% scratch built.  Here's hoping I can continue this trend and finish the model as it should be.

2 comments:

  1. looking awesome dude. i think unless youre entering a scratchbuilding compo of some kind, or doing it to see if you can, use whatever darn bits you can get your grubby paws on to make it look as nice as possible

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Generally I agree Ettiene, but there was a part of me who wanted to know if I could do it. :) I've built the barrels and they look pretty decent so far. I plan to have the images up for that for tonight's update.

      Delete