Monday, January 28, 2013

Heldrakes from Soul Grinders and more

Hello all, welcome back to Scratchbuilt 40k!  I found a whole lot more time to work on hobbying this week than I considered possible, so lets get right down to it, shall we?

When the Chaos Space Marine codex dropped, I liked the rules for the Heldrake but wasn't a huge fan of the model or the cost attached to it.  It's a big kit to be sure, but I was certain I could do something interesting to represent the basic size and purpose of the Heldrake while diverting from the model.

This led me to the Soul Grinder models I have floating around.  I like them well enough, but really felt the model could serve a better purpose as the base of my Heldrakes.  I've removed the upper body portion and placed the mechanical claw arm at the front of the section.







As you can tell, this is still early in development.  I have to build sets of wings to be part of the model and will need to create flying bases for the two Grinder/Heldrakes.

I've also been working on more zombies for the army, which is terribly time consuming.  I painted and decorated bases for each of the remaining models, including rebasing the Typhus model with a nicer base.



Overall, there is tons for me to do before the army can even be put on a tabletop, let alone be finished being painted.  Hopefully I will still have a decent amount of time over the next few months despite having a lot to do for schooling and work.  Till next time, happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment