Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Beginner's Greenstuff results

Today I had a few hours to work with the greenstuff (officially known as Kneadatite) and Apoxie Sculpt mixture.  This is what I've come up with so far.


I was somewhat timid with this model as it's the first one I worked on.  It surprised me how easy the putty moved and allowed for sculpting, and by far the best advice I saw so far was to lubricate the tools with something other than water.  Not having the tools stick every time I put it to the putty made things a whole lot easier.


Same model but from the top.


This one I went a little larger and more mutated regarding the spine.


Here I sculpted on a distended belly and an opening for the guts to be showing, which will be easier to see once the model is painted.  Trust me, those look like entrails!


A mutation on the back of this poor fella doesn't seem to be slowing him down.


Another distended belly, this time unmolested.


What hump?


And finally another back mutation.

That's pretty much what I put together in about 2 hours of work.  I still had a lot of stuff left over after mixing and using what I needed.  I thought I was being conservative with what I mixed, but wow was there a lot left over.  Hopefully I'll better be able to judge how much I need in the future.  Still another 14 'Plaguebearers' to modify and these might still get some more stuff added to them, especially the bracelets around the arms and leg to be something more Nurglesque.  Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I've found it easier to learn and practice my gs skills on models that are a bit more organic as well.

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ron. That's the nice thing about organic stuff, it's hard to 'get it wrong'. It can look bad or not quite right, but overall as long as it is close it doesn't really detract from the overall model, especially with Nurgle units. I have 21 of these little guys to modify, so that should give me quite a bit to practice with!

    ReplyDelete