Friday, March 2, 2012

Buying from Forge World...

So on Tuesday I came into a nice chunk of money and checked into Forge World's site.  For quite a while now I've been eyeing up the Eldar Hornet and Warp Hunter models, and with the added influx of surprise cash I put in an order for 2 Hornets and a Warp Hunter.

It may fly but it travels by sea turtle.

Every day since then I've logged into the site to see what my status is on these orders.  Still it says the status on the order is "Awaiting Packaging".

Very tough to box.


Is this a common practice at Forge World?  Do they routinely take more than 3 days to package their orders?

I'd love to hear what your experiences are and discover if this is normal!

4 comments:

  1. Been a while since I ordered from them, but IIRC they were actually making the stuff to order... So, yes, it took quite a while longer than 3 days...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, ok. Thanks pchappel for the info. I'll have to check my excitement at the door for a while and focus on weathering my Space Marine army then.

      Delete
  2. Ye, Forgeworld stuff routinely takes quite awhile to get, even with the express shipping they offer you still are looking at 2-3 weeks to get stuff, at least in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If anything, this is a lesson to me on reading the fine print! I went back to the site and see it suggests to allow 28 days from the date of ordering for delivery.

      So hard to be patient when the goodies feel so close!

      Delete