Monday, November 14, 2011

Some site changes and painted Predator

Hello and welcome back to the site.  I'll get into the changes, but first I want to show off the images of the Predator I've been painting.


As you can see, I'm still using the same color sets as the space marines from the Pride of the Emperor chapter I've been building, though in this case I've focused more heavily on the browns and the blacks.


The front head lights are turning out better than I had hoped, as well as the windowed areas.


You may not be able to tell, but my lines are not as straight as I'd like them to be, and I find the process tricky  no matter how careful I am.  I tend to make a lot of mistakes doing it and need to go back and thin lines down.

Still need to paint the gun wires and add small details like chapter numbers.  I'm not sure how detailed I'm going to get on the Predators, though.  The problem with getting overzealous on tanks is when you have 7 of them you have to be overzealous on all of them or it looks out of place.

So, on to site changes.  You may have noticed the background has changed to a somewhat darker color and the title has changed.  This is only the beginning as I'll be fiddling with the site layout and finding the colors which best suit the site as the month goes on.  Hopefully in the end the site will look and feel better to everyone who visits.

Until next time, happy building and gaming all.

No comments:

Post a Comment